PHOS-CHEK Wildfire Home Defence Fire RetardantSKU: PHOS-CHEK2.8L
$99.00 inc. GST
PHOS-CHEK Bushfire Home Defence Fire Retardant
What is PHOS-CHEK Fire Retardant?
PHOS-CHEK home bushfire protection is a fire retardant concentrate supplied in 2.8L bottles – perfect for protecting properties and homes.
This product is the same (undyed) product that is applied by the aerial bombers on large scale bushfires globally!
How Do Fire Retardants Work?
Fire retardants work by coating the fuel (organic materials such as grass, vegetation and wood) and changing the way that the organic material decomposes in a fire which slows the rate of combustion. As the rate of flame spread is reduced, this dramatically decreases the momentum and heat of the fire and greatly assists firefighters control the fire. The PHOS-CHEK retardant consists of fertilizer type salts which when heated by the approaching fire, reacts with the organic material making it unburnable, greatly reducing the spread of the fire.
Advantages of PHOS-CHEK Bushfire Home Defence Fire Retardant:
- All you need for application is a garden sprayer (we all have those in our garden shed).
- It doesn’t have to be applied as the fire closes in but can rather be applied months in advance or at the start of the fire season – this is highly recommended by the manufacturer (dependant on rainfall) – you can apply the solution as a preventative measure on dead or dry grass, plants, wood and any other plant material around your house.
- The active fire retardant in PHOS-CHEK alters materials’ combustibility when exposed to fire, causing a chemical reaction with the fire boiling the water off the surface/material instead of burning it, cooling the fire down.
- The solution (when applied correctly) will remain on materials (again dependant on rainfall) until washed or rubbed off.
- 2.8L of PHOS-CHEK Fire Retardant concentrate will make up to 20L of mixed retardant!
How To Apply Fire Retardant
Prior to spraying an area of land, vegetation etc. with PHOS-CHEK bushfire home protection fire retardant you should clear away as much debris of leaves, wood, plants etc. as possible. To ensure the least amount of fuel for a fire should it enter your property. When ready to mix your PHOS-CHEK concentrate with water all you need is a garden sprayer and water. Shake the concentrate well then mix 1 part PHOS-CHEK concentrate and 5.5 parts water. Spraying from there is simple – aim the spray nozzle toward the target area and thoroughly soak area. Ensure any vegetation is dripping wet and all ground cover is soaking wet down to the mineral soil (PHOS-CHEK cannot be over-applied).
For Technical Information and Further Information on PHOS-CHEK see Below
For More Information Check Out Our Blog Post On PHOS-CHEK Wildfire Home Defence | https://www.checkpointgroup.com.au/bushfire_protection_fire_retardant/