2.5kg Dry Chemical ABE Powder Fire ExtinguisherSKU: CP25ABE
$44.00 inc. GST
Commander™ 2.5kg ABE Powder Fire Extinguisher
- 2.5kg Powder Fire Extinguisher
- Certified and Approved to Australian Standard AS/NZS 1841.5
- Epoxy Coated Red Finish
- Supplied with Maintenance/Test Tag, Vehicle & Wall Bracket
- Model Number CP25ABE
About this Fire Extinguisher
The Commander 2.5kg Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher is a compact, lightweight yet reasonably powerful, highly effective extinguisher that will provide a high protection level for your valuable assets.
Ideal for use in;
- Vehicles (Cars, Vans, Buses, Trucks, Boats)
- Homes and Apartments
- Home Garages and Workshops
- Farms and Farm Machinery
- Heavy Industry
- Transport Industry
- Construction Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Garages, Offices and Retail Shops
It comes supplied with a vehicle bracket, wall bracket hook for mounting and a flexible rubber hose, allowing the powder to be delivered accurately to the fire source for maximum effectiveness in extinguishing fires.
Note the product may differ slightly from the image shown.
- Certified to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 1841
- Includes Vehicle Bracket
- High Performance
- High Quality
- 1 Year Warranty
- UV Resistant Epoxy Coating
- Heavy-Duty Steel Cylinder
- Stainless Steel Handle and Safety Pin
- Brass Valve
- Complete with Vehicle Bracket, Wall Hook, Hose, and AS1851 Australian Standard Maintenance Tag
- Suitable for Class A Fires – Paper, Wood Textiles
- Suitable for Class B Fires – Flammable Liquids such as Fuel, Petrol, Diesel
- Suitable for Class E Fires – Safe for use on Live Electrical Equipment
How Does a Powder Extinguisher Work?
The dry powder type extinguishers work by discharging a specially formulated fine powder using high-pressure gas to propel it from the storage cylinder. The main ingredient in the powder is monoammonium phosphate (MAP). This dry chemical has excellent fire extinguishing properties. In Class A and E fires, it works by coating the flammable material, thereby stopping the fire by starving it of fuel. In Class B fires, it works by stopping the flammable liquid vapour, which in turn also starves the fire of fuel and stops the fire immediately.
Powder extinguishers are safe for use on live electrical equipment. As part of the extensive testing completed to achieve the AS/NZS1841 certification, the extinguisher has to pass a 100kV non-conductivity test. This makes it safe for the operator to discharge the extinguisher onto an electrical appliance or switchboard that is turned on.
This extinguisher type and size is one of the most common supplied in Australia. Due to the fire fighting effectiveness and the compact size, it is suitable for a vast range of applications. Easy to carry and manoeuvre in an emergency but capable of extinguishing a surprisingly large fire when used correctly. It is perfect for commercial offices, factories, warehouses, farms, machinery, transport, and construction sites.
To see the full range of Commander fire extinguishers, please see link – https://www.checkpointgroup.com.au/product-category/commander-fire-protection/fire-extinguishers/